RESIDENCE OF REFLECTION
Context and challenge
HECTOLITRE is a project in creation. A space open to artists, artisans and thinkers who wish to deepen their research, experiment transdisciplinarity or connect their practice to the neighborhood.
As the project is growing as a community, possibility and exchange, it is crucial to catalyze the process of reflections from the very beginning, and let it co-created the memory and identity of the project and its neighborhood.
In this context, we are launching a residence of reflection, dedicated to thinkers, conceptual artists, writers, and critics, willing to let their personal thoughts and practice reflect on following challenges:
- connecting the parallel communities coexisting in the neighborhood of Marolles;
- creating a memory of relations and exchanges;
- placing the artist within community and strengthening a collectivity within art.
- There is no specific medium or discipline, but writing, audio or video recording based works are preferred.
- Our artists/thinkers-in-residence will have a cozy room, access to a rooftop atrium and the shared kitchen within the co-working space, oriented in graphics and (moving)image.
- There is a possibility to engage/use other aspects of the space within the residency project (See: http://hectolitre.space/espaces.html).
- Thinkers/artists in residence will have an assistance in local networking and communication.
- At the end of the residence, the public presentation and talk will take place at HECTOLITRE.
- The duration of the residency is from 15 to 28 days.
- Residency is open for all people of the world, regardless of their national, gender, religious or ethnic specificity.
- HECTOLITRE does not cover the costs of travel and living, nor has a budget allocated for production.
- Working language is English and/or French.
- One residence per month only.
- The fee (depending on the duration) is from 100 to 200 euros in total.
Submitting the proposal
In order to answer the open call, please prepare the following info/documents:
- CV (.pdf or the URL)
- Portfolio (visual or writing; .pdf or the URL)
- Project idea/intention (.pdf; 300 words max)
- Time period (specify the month you apply for, with eventual second and third choice)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: “Residence of reflection” + month you apply for.
The deadline for the period September–December 2019 is set on April 30th, 2019.
The jury of international artists and cultural professionals evaluate the propositions, based on socio-cultural relevance, innovative approach, doability and impact on the project.
We don’t expect a fully elaborated working plan or project. The research should be an independent and site-specific initiative, adjusted for a short-term residency, but resulting in a concrete reflection.
The results will be communicated before May 15th (the latest).
More info about HECTOLITRE