RESIDENCE OF REFLECTION
Context and challenge
HECTOLITRE is a project in creation. A space open to artists, artisans and thinkers who wish to deepen their research, experiment transdisciplinarity or connect their practice to the neighborhood.
As the project is growing as a community, possibility and exchange, it is crucial to catalyze the process of reflections from the very beginning, and let it co-created the memory and identity of the project and its neighborhood.
In this context, we are launching a residence of reflection, dedicated to thinkers, conceptual artists, writers, and critics, willing to let their personal thoughts and practice reflect on following challenges:
- connecting the parallel communities coexisting in the neighborhood of Marolles;
- creating a memory of relations and exchanges;
- placing the artist within community and strengthening a collectivity within art.
- There is no specific medium or discipline, but writing, audio or video recording based works are preferred.
- Our artists/thinkers-in-residence will have a cozy room, access to a rooftop atrium and the shared kitchen within the co-working space, oriented in graphic and image.
- There is a possibility to engage/use other aspects of the space within the residency project (See: http://hectolitre.space/espaces.html).
- Thinkers/artists in residence will have an assistance in local networking and communication.
- At the end of the residence, the public presentation and talk will take place at HECTOLITRE.
- The duration of the residency is from 15 to 28 days.
- Residency is open for all people of the world, regardless of their national, gender, religious or ethnic specificity.
- HECTOLITRE does not cover the costs of travel and living, nor has a budget allocated for production.
- Working language is English and/or French.
- One residence per month only.
- The total fee is 10 euros per day.
Submitting the proposal
In order to answer the open call, please prepare the following info/documents:
- CV (.pdf or the URL)
- Portfolio (visual or writing; .pdf or the URL)
- Project idea/intention (.pdf; 300 words max)
- Time period (specify the month you apply for, with eventual second and third choice)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: “Residence of reflection” + month you apply for.
The deadline is set on January 15th. 2019.
The jury of international artists and cultural professionals evaluate the propositions, based on socio-cultural relevance, innovative approach, doability and impact on the project.
We don’t expect a fully elaborated working plan or project. The research should be an independent and site-specific initiative, adjusted for a short-term residency, but resulting in a concrete reflection.
More info about HECTOLITRE